Regular gynecological exams are essential for a woman’s health. Gynecologists perform standard examinations, such as Pap smears and pelvic exams. They may also be seen for diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions, including:
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus, cervix, vagina, or fallopian tubes
- Prolapse: a condition in which the pelvic organs slip forward or downward within the body, often after menopause in women
- Yeast or bacterial infections
- Painful intercourse
- Irregular menstruation or pain during menstruation.
- Other menopause-related diseases
- Endometriosis: a painful condition in which uterine tissue grows outside the uterus
- Cervical and vaginal polyps
- Fibroids: compact tumors that develop in the uterus
- Ovarian cysts
In addition, a gynecologist can perform surgical procedures on reproductive organs for several reasons, including medical conditions, permanently preventing pregnancy, and even for cosmetic reasons. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus
- Oophorectomy: Removal of the ovaries
- Salpingectomy: Removal of the fallopian tubes
- Tubal ligation: Permanent birth control surgery
- Cone biopsy: Removal of precancerous cells from the cervix after a Pap test
- Labiaplasty: Surgical reshaping of external genitalia
Many practices choose to combine the obstetrician and gynecologist specialties to provide more comprehensive women’s care. Both gynecologists and obstetricians complete four years of medical school and a four-year residency program. They learn about pregnancy, fertility, genetics, adolescent gynecological care, and adult gynecological care.
Gynecology, Pap Smear Test in Miami | Dr. Susan Fox’s Center for Women in Miami
Dr. Susan Fox’s Center for Women strives to make each patient feel welcomed and secure.
Backed by our medical professionals team, Dr. Susan Fox is an OB/GYN ready to provide the best gynecological care for women with various unique needs in the Miami area.
Dr. Fox’s years of experience in the field have allowed her to construct a devoted group of professionals who will go the extra mile to ensure their patients are completely satisfied after each appointment.
Our team never hesitates to answer any questions a patient may have as thoroughly as possible and work with each patient to find solutions to any issues they may be experiencing.
Dr. Fox holds memberships with renowned organizations such as the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, the American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health.
Her dedication to obstetrics and gynecology and preventative healthcare practices shines through, as Dr. Fox was among the first Obstetricians/Gynecologists to be trained in using the Implanon birth control method.
Whether you are searching for a dependable obstetrics and gynecology specialist for routine gynecological care or a knowledgeable practitioner to perform pelvic reconstructive surgery, Dr. Susan Fox’s Center for Women is your most secure option.
Your wellness is of the utmost importance to us, and we will do everything within our power to keep our patients happy and healthy.
Contact Dr. Susan Fox’s Center for Women today to be treated by one of the top Obstetrician/Gynecologists in Miami during your first exam!